Leader: Ada Charles
Circle 7 will meet:
May 2nd @ J. Dubose
June 6th @ Central
Sept 6th @ P. Whitesides
UNITED METHODIST WOMEN
Who are we? A community of Women…….Like YOU!
We are women who find meaning in our church, and want to combine fellowship with study, worship and outreach opportunities. We are women with gifts to share with others. United Methodist Women is a community of women who nurture and encourage one another in their spiritual growth, personal leadership and transformation.
Purpose of United Methodist Women
- The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is:
To know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ.
To develop a creative supportive fellowship.
To expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church
Who Can Join?
We welcome all women who commit themselves to our Purpose, including you.
You don't have to be a member of The United Methodist Church to join. Our membership is diverse; women of many races, cultures, languages, young and old. There is no minimum age requirement.
Central’s United Methodist Women with other UMW members are turning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world. If you are interested in joining Central’s United Methodist Women, feel free to contact any UMW member or contact Kathy Keim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women of all ages getting together in small groups for fellowship meet once a month. Meetings are held in a home, at the church or at outside events. Circle members are invited to all UMW events and meetings. Joining this group of committed women is a unique opportunity no matter whom you are or where in your life you are at this point. It is an opportunity to move in harmony with other women who have been responding to this Purpose for over one hundred years.
Please read about our Circles to identify the one that fits you best!
- Circle 7 - meets in the eveinng at 7PM on the 1st Monday of each month
- Circle 8 - meets in the evening at 7PM on the 3rd Monday of each month
- Spirit Seekers - meets in the evening at 7PM on the 2nd Tuesday of each month
Supporting Missions for Women, Children, and Youth
- Some of our mission projects include remembering the residents of Newberry’s two Skilled Nursing Facilities twice a year, supporting scholarship and preparing a meal for the local Summer Salkehatchie Camp, supporting Sister Care which fights domestic violence, donating to The Lydia Project which offers emotional support to women with cancer, annually hosting the Epworth Children’s Christmas Party, and so many more. On the state level, Central’s UMW supports five ministries; Bethlehem Center (Spartanburg), Bethlehem Center Columbia), Rural Ministries (John’s Island), Killingsworth (Columbia) and Wallace Family Life.
- Four UMW Unit Meetings a year
- Special Mission Recognition annually